Initial Build for the F5 IP Uploaded

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Hi Guys,

The initial build of the F5 IP has just been posted, this build exposes some methods to list pools, list pool members, and then query and set the status for these members.

Additional functions for deleteing and creating pools will be lit up in the next few days.

Rember, this is Build 1, so be sure to test safely.

Cheers.

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Hey Damian,

Looks like a very promising project.  One thing I would suggest is moving your F5Interface.cs to a differenct project and referencing the dll from that project in your Orchestrator IP project.  This will allow you to update your interface code without forcing people to upgrade the whole IP (they can just update the interface code).  Just a thought!

-Ryan

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the suggestion, That was one of the idea's i had as I created the library, the biggest issue i have at the moment, is that i have some additional functions ready to expose in the pre-packaged IP which will allow for creating and deleting pools, which will result in the users still needing to import a new version of the IP to get these exposed. I did see your comments on the issues here in the last call with the PG, but did not understand the issues at the time, Now I do!

I expect ill add maybe one or two more functions in the next day or so to the library, complete testing the exisiting functions and then post an update of the IP with all the extra steps exposed.

PS - how do you deal with the Icons in the IP, Chatting to Charles he is telling me to dig out the old VS2005 disks to do this? have you a better trick?

cheers

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 6:29 PM
http://opalissccmextension.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/12576#130957

Hey Damian,

Sorry for not responding sooner, Charles is correct that you need to write the image library in C (you can use VS 2010 to do this...).  If you are looking for some reference source code I have uploaded the image project for my SCCM Extension IP 

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 6:37 PM

One gotcha, make sure you do not name this library the same as the default library name see below --

Hi Ryan,

I did some debugging this morning and the problem is that your custom IP has the same resource filename as the default one in QIK. What is happening is that your custom Opalis.QIK.Wizard.Images.dll is actually getting deployed by QIK to Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Opalis Software\Opalis Integration Server\Extensions but is then immediately overwritten by the default Opalis.QIK.Wizard.Images.dll that is in QIK. If you replace the one there after deployment with your updated resource file and then start the client again you will see the images load correctly I believe like below.

Can you try this out and if this is the issue that you are seeing you can hopefully get around this by renaming the resource file and rebuilding the package.

Hope this helps Ryan and let me know if there are still issues with it.

Thanks